Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things We Love Thursday -- Marissa



Meat Sections is a genius art-of-the-day blog which, by its own description, "involves drawing (and perhaps the occasional photo) of butchery-style diagrams, of not just the standard pig, cow, lamb, and other edible creatures, but odder items as well." It's made by a lady named Alyson who lives in San Francisco, and I think it's brilliant. But I also really like meat and meat diagrams.




Shaun White, aka The Flying Tomato, is probably going to inspire a lot of drawing on my part as he returns to the Winter Olympics next week. Between his bold appearance, bold moves, and the fact that he's frequently airborne, this dude makes me want to draw a whole fleet of flying snowboarders in my sketchbook. I used to draw a ton of extreme sports back in the day; maybe it's time to get back to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment